Tuesday 8 December 2015

Complimentary Make-up & 3 Brush Challenge



Complimentary Make-up applied through the 3 brush Challenge 

We were given a task to create one of our face charts with only using 3 brushes; I chose one of my final design ideas. 
The brushes I chose was the kabuki brush as I needed a big brush that would blend my makeup for my base and contour.

I chose a rounded medium sized brush for eye work and blending around the eye area and for lining the contour on the jaw line to give more definition.
Thirdly I chose a small angled detailed brush for lining the eyes and for small detailed work.

Here is a picture of the brushes I used below:
  • Kabuki Brush
  • Rounded eye blending Brush
  • Angled fine Brush
       
                                                              My Complimentary Face Chart Design



      Products used:
  • Illamasqua satin primer
  • Illamasqua white base
  • Kryolan Blusher palette- pink & brown mixed
  • Kryolan supra color white, gold, black and pink
  • Kryolan Variety eye palette 


The steps I took to create this look with 3 Make-up Brushes:

  • Cleansed, toned and moisturised 
  • Primer applied all over and I prefer applying with my hands
  • Used the Kabuki brush to apply the white base foundation all over and blended well
  • Contoured using the rounded brush to give the lines structure and blended with Kabuki
  • Applied the gold supra color with the angled brush working it into the brows
  • Used the rounded brush for the yellow and dark pink eye shadows around the eyes and blended to create the effect I desired
  • Created the liner with the angled brush for definition and accuracy
  • Applied supra color white over the lips with the rounded brush and applied the pink rose bud effect with the rounded brush also, tidying it up with the angled brush
  • Applied loose powder with the kabuki brush to set the make-up look

Here are the images of the final look I created based on my face chart with the 3 brushes I chose, 
I found it a little tricky with the 3 brushes but when I got into it I structured myself and the design flowed well and I was happy with the end result. 

My lovely model Rebecca wearing my complimentary design look


Front view of the complimentary design 


Another side image of my creation



Another image of my make-up process 



In my face chart design I designed it that I would of used feathery lashes to enhance my design, giving it edge and a statement, but did not have any to hand at this time.

Therefore, If I created this design again I would of added feathery lashes to this design to give it more of an impact, making it stand out more and would of spent more time on the liner to perfect the lines.
My strengths I find is my base and lips and I overall, enjoyed this task.