Wednesday 9 December 2015

Final Face Charts


My 4 Final Design Face Charts 

Face Chart 1.


One of my final face charts I created on my model, I wanted a dark and edgy look with the use of metallic eye make-up making the looking mysterious, I wanted it to represent an eye mask but blended into the skin to become part of the face. I kept the feel of the Elizabethan style with blocking out the brows and by making the skin pale by mixing supra white with Illamasqua white base.


Stage 1- Coverage of the base blended with the kabuki, contoured with the dark brown blusher palette, giving definition and structure of the jaw line and blocking out the brows using only supra white color all over working it in with the wand.



Front view of the design



Another image

Face Chart 2.

Complimentary colour face chart & Inspirations


I got inspiration for the feathering of the eyebrows from various sources, I especially liked this photograph below with the use of the feathers gathered to create wings on her head, this photo reminded me of the elizabethan times and when they used feathers in their hats to give texture and giving the flamboyant appeal. I wanted to use this in one of my designs on the eyebrows, to really enhance and work in the product to produce the feathered effect, I wanted to use pink and red tones with yellow tones which are complimentary to each other in my design and I really liked the way my chart came out and on my face. 
I believe next time I would of used glue on the brows to make them more crazy, fluffy looking, to really emphasise them and I feel the product would of worked in better also. 

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/48835977179483810/


https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/7951736819456721/

These pictures inspired me for the above face chart, I liked the small heart placement on the cheek with the red cheeks, so keeping it Elizabethan but with a modern twist with the beauty mark heart and I loved the yellow tones in the eyebrows, therefore I used pinks and yellows in my face charts and really emphasise the contour with both pink and yellow mix in. I experimented with the yellow and pink/red and it worked well together; I really wanted to use this design but in my own interpretation to really compliment each other and give this inspirational picture a boost with different yellow tones (gold) and to emphasise on this to create my design. 
I really enjoyed creating and working with these colours and these colours remind me of the Elizabethan times, the red/ pink tones on the cheeks and lips and the yellow/reddish was the ideal colour for the hair to reflect wealth; therefore I wanted to use a bright colour that stood out in the brows so I used the gold to really show up the brows and this really worked well. 







Face Chart 3.


I practiced this final design on my face, I loved the colours and techniques used, although when using the Supra on the eyes for precision work, the product is very moveable and doesn't dry as quick as imagined, therefore I would of used the Aqua Color if I did this design and again, as this is faster drying and great for small detailed work.
The product was moving too much and it didn't work as well to create.


Products used:
  • Kryolan Supra color white, blue, black & pink 
  • Kryolan Variety eyeshadow palette- blue colours
  • Kryolan Blusher palette medium brown and pink
  • Loose powder Illamasqua 
  • Glue for brows and wand to make them spikey


Images of the design
Front close up and different angles








Final Chart 4.


Final Design 3: Practicing on myself, as I have designed my face charts designed to my my own face.

Products used:
  • satin primer illamasqua
  • white base foundation illamasqua
  • Supra color gold, purple & black
  • Blusher palette kryolan dark brown & pink
  • Loose powder illamasqua